Monday, January 7, 2013

Medallions and More!


Welcome to another week at Blue Fern Studios! I hope you are as excited as I am about Blue Fern Studios and the beautiful chipboard designs!

My name is Patter Cross, and I am blessed and excited to be part of the first Blue Fern Studios Design Team. I have been married to the love of my life, Michael, since 1989. I was first introduced to scrapbooking in 1997, three years after our identical triplet girls were born. Paper crafting is my passion, my outlet for relaxation, and my joy. I love to create layouts, altered items, cards/tags, play in mixed media, and organize! You will probably see lots of different creations from me as I can't stick to just scrapbooking. LOL!

You can find me at my blog: Triple the Scraps

My precious dad will turn 70 on January 16th. In celebration of his 70th, I created a "70 Things" book for part of his gift. For the cover, I used a Blue Fern Studios (BFS) medallion from the Ornate Medallions set and the arrow from the Icon Set One. This is not a "frilly" creation since it's for Dad. :) Inside the book, my girls and I have listed 70 things we love about him, written notes, etc. The cover includes a crossword he did at our house during Christmas week while he was here. He LOVES crosswords. I scanned the crossword he completed from the newspaper, and I printed it on a grocery bag so it would match the cover. Then I spritzed the awesome BFS chippies with Heidi Swapp tinsel color shine, and then I threw on some black gesso. I also stamped Jan. 16, 2013, on the BFS arrow for his birthday. I pray he likes it.
Pin It

Blue Fern Studios Chipboard Used:

Ornate Medallions 074462

Icon Set One 074448

Thanks for stopping by but don't let this be your last visit. I am here to tell you that the DT has some AMAZING pieces to share each week. There will be several creations shown each and every week so get ready to be blown away by some gorgeous inspiration using Blue Fern Studios chipboard! Subscribe to the Blue Fern Studios blog so you don't miss a thing! Blessings,

18 comments:

  1. This is great, Patter! I made a "70 things" book for my mother ten years ago, and am wondering if I ought to attempt "80" for her birthday this year. How do I subscribe to the BFS blog? ==Jennifer in Ohio

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patter,
    Outstanding work, inspirationl and honoring to your precious Dad.
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Jennifer and Carole! And Jennifer, to subscribe to the blog, look for the "Follow by E-mail" box just below the "Like Us on Facebook" box on this blog. Enter your e-mail, and then hit Submit. That should subscribe you to the blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Patter!!! So very creative, beautiful and a wonderful gift!! Love the scanned crossword puzzle, and the medallion as the star attraction is perfect!! I think your dad is going to love it!!! Inspiring journal art at it's best!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Patter, I not only love your project but the ideas and inspiration behind it. You've done just a fabulous job here~!

    xErin

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous piece to showcase those chippies. This is such a heartfelt gift for your dad.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cover, love your BFS chipboard elements!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful and creative. I love it, Patter.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I adore how you showcased the lovely medallion chippie. Very heartfelt and such an inspirational piece, and I know dear dad will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Patter, what a thoughtful gift! He will treasure it forever. Love the way you've used the chipboard!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is awesome, Patter, wow!!! Love the bit of grunge, and that medallion looks wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loving the idea of writing 70 things about your dad...and the personal touch of his cross work Puzzle...Lovely piece of work Patter!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely work and beautiful chipboard! Hope my Canadian LSS starts to carry it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous cover for the book so clever using his crossword puzzle as part of it. Im sure he will be sooo blessed by the book and the precious contents :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just LOVE the crosswords puzzle! what a wonderful gift for your dad and how clever to come up with the idea of using the 70's things! This is such a fantastic masculine project, I am sure he was over the moon getting it! Look forward to seeing more of your work! xox

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome gift idea! Love how it turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my Patter! What a wonderful gift for your Dad! I love all the layers and splatters of paint! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stunning project and stunning chippies!

    ReplyDelete