Sunday, January 27, 2013

The Perfumery Collection - Artist Trading Cards


Hello all you chipboard enthusiasts! I am Joyce Lawrence and I’m very excited to be designing for this exquisite product brought to us by both Leslie and Michele, and I am grateful and honored to be amongst this dynamic and talented group of designers.

I was turned on to scrapping as we know it today when I became the caretaker of some family vintage photos a few years ago, and I wanted to preserve them and tell my family’s story.  This quest has ignited in me an insatiable appetite for procuring papers, chipboard, embellishments, mixed media art products, and the many other good scrappy products that scrappers must possess.  Scrapbooking has also allowed me to incorporate all my past hobbies of watercolor painting, beading, apparel arts, photography, and other hobbies on a 12 x 12 piece of paper.   I enjoy creating layouts, artist trading cards, art journals, mini albums, and mixed media creations too.

Although I do admire scrapping styles of mixed media, shabby chic, vintage, retro, grunge, contemporary, and other eclectic styles, I’ve not yet decided what my style is, and so I will leave that up to the good opinion of those of you that view my work. 

One of my philosophy’s in life is to romance the ordinary by adding some elegance where I can.  Sipping lemonade out of my best crystal glassware always makes the lemonade taste better, and with that same philosophy, I try to add scraps of elegance to my pages as well.  You can find me at http://scrapsofelegance.blogspot.com

The perfumery collection below in the form of artist trading cards, were created using those darling perfume bottles included in the Vanity Set.
 
Coco Chanel: Watercolored with Glimmer Mist (Vintage Pink) and a charcoal watercolor pencil.

Marilyn: Apply a light application of tacky glue over the chippie and sprinkle some Stampendous shabby white embossing enamel and set with a heat gun. A little piece of a remant from another  BFS chipboard was placed on the upper portion of the bottle for more decoration. Ink and glitter some more.

Blue Fern Scent: Cover the chippie in gold ink; apply a very light application of black ink on a stamp and stamp over the chippie; apply some clear embossing powder and set it with a heat gun. When the embossing powder was set, lightly run a small black ink stamp over the image again.

Paloma: Glimmer Mist (Pop Rocks) and Fusible Webbing. Add embossing ink on top of fusible webbing product, then sprinkle on top of the webbing Ranger's Gold embossing powder and set with a heat gun. By holding the heat gun to the webbing for a long period of time, you'll achieve a lacy appearance. I then tore up pieces of the webbing and applied it to the bottle and other areas of the card with glue.



7 comments:

  1. These are completely gorgeous, Joyce~ your style totally comes out in your ATCs; elegant, sophisticated, and masterfully created. Well done :),

    xErin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang you are the Queen of the mini. I remember you making your first ATC only a short time ago - which make you simply a natural artist and inspir-er. Amazing in every way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joyce, each of these is a mini sized masterpiece, so very beautiful and creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE each and one of these little gems! you really do have such an exquisite eye for detail and a marvellous command of techniques. This is incredibly inspirational and also so gorgeous Joyce! xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning pieces and absolutely looooove the sentiment! ;-))

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just loved the texture, selection of words and off course the pure sentiments. Fortunately, it is filled under art for sale category.

    ReplyDelete