Monday, February 3, 2014

A Blue Fern Garden layout, Tiny Mini, and a journaling entry.

Hi, Lisa here today, and I will be sharing with you 3 different projects. A 12x12 layout, a tiny mini and a journaling entry to my journal book. The Blue Fern garden paper line is just my style. I love the colors, the patterns and the images of the vintage roses are my favorite!!
Here is my 12x12 layout.


 I used  the Tattered Diamond Bits scattered over the layout. and to frame the photo, used the Beaded Strings to frame the photo. Both were painted with white acrylic paint then sprayed with Radiant Rains Mist while the paint was still wet. I added some pearls to the little circles on the frame. 

I did the same paint and mist treatment on the Memory Frames. When the acrylic is still wet, and it is sprayed, it leaves a gorgeous weathered look on the chipboard.


The next project I would like to share with you is my tiny mini. I adapted the pattern from a couple of Post It Notes Covers that I did a couple of years ago. The difference is I created pages for the inside using the beautiful Blue Fern Garden paper rather than using Post It Notes.


I used Viva Color Crackle paint on the Iron Works Accents. Once the the paint dried and crackles, I painted Silks Acrylic Glaze in Olive Vine over it. I wrapped the piece of chipboard over around the book binding before painting to prevent cracking.


Here is the detailed chipboard wrapped around the book binding. I created a small charm to hang from the eyelet I punched on top of the mini before I place the inside pages in.


 Here is peek inside the book. I fussy cut some of the paper to get the images centered perfectly. Then cut out all of the words in back of the paper and used them on each of the pages in the mini.


I used a corner punch on some of the pages in the mini.


Here is a close up of the mini with the seam binding ribbon closure. I used Silks acrylic paint to color the seam binding.


And finally I created another journal entry for my mixed media journal I am working on. I used the February sketch and took some of the elements in the design and applied it to the pages.



 This is the left side of the journal entry.


 This is the right side of the journal entry.


I painted the Berry Stems with Silks acrylic paint and after it dries, I dotted the tiny circles with glue and sprinkled microbeads of the glue. Once it dried, I sprayed a clear acrylic sealer over the entire chipboard in place to secure the beads.


Here are 2 of the smaller Berry Stems in the set.


The Always and Forever chipboard quote is treated the same way I did the Iron Work Accents in the mini.


For the 2 hearts from the Heart Set, I painted it with white acrylic paint and then sprayed them with Radiant Rains Shimmering Mist in Grapefruit Pink while the acrylic paint is still wet.

Thank you for stopping by to see my projects this month. The Blue Fern Garden paper collection is my all time favorite right now!!! I adore each and every piece and design!!

7 comments:

  1. Love your take on the sketch in your journal Lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful layout and fabulous crackle finish you have on the chipboard on your mini and journal page. Beautiful journal pages also. And the micro beads on the berry stems are awesome, did you paint over the beads with the silks also or where they already blue?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debbie, the micro beads are already blue. I bought a great pack of Martha Stewart Micro beads in LOTS of colors!! Micheals or Joanns with a 50% off coupon. lol

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous projects Lisa! I love that mini album, you really did a great job on that, and I love the pearls on the circle chippie, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa. Here is the tutorial I used to make the cover. You can put a pack of Post It Notes on the inside or you can fill it with patterned paper like my Blue Fern Garden one.
      http://what-a-beautiful-mess.blogspot.com/search?q=post+it

      Delete