Thursday, February 13, 2014

Two layouts with Blue Fern panels by Marie-Josée

Hello all,

Today, I will show you two layouts I created with the Blue Fern panels. I love the panels: they are great if you want to add texture and interest to your backgrounds. Here are two differents ways to use them.

Be sure to come back here on February 16th too; I'll be featuring a tutorial to show how to create your own mixed media background, again with a Blue Fern panel.

Without further ado, here are my layouts.

"Beauty" layout
 

Do you love birds and snowy owls? I do, and I am particularly lucky to have two hanging around very close to my house this year. I go see them almost every day and I take lots of pictures! :) Here's one that was taken at the beginning of February.

I used the Harlequin panel to create the background of this layout. I glued it to a 12 x 12 piece of chipboard and covered the whole thing with gesso.

First, I sprayed various mists in the opposite corners.



Then, I altered some parts of the chipboard with two different colors of Gelatos.



I also added a bit of texture with a stencil and modelling paste.


"Family" layout


For this layout, I used the brand-new Number Grid panel, which was released in December. I used the big one, but there is also a smaller version.

First of all, I primed my panel with gesso and let it dry.


I chose a few significant numbers in the grid and colored them with Silks Acrylic Glazes to make them stand out. I then put the relevant pictures beside those numbers. I also used my Silhouette to cut some words and create phrases with my numbers.


Then, I used pieces of the new Blue Fern Garden papers here and there under the grid.


I also added various embellishments and words here and there.








5 comments:

  1. 2 Stunning layouts! Love the panels they add that special something to a layout Tx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just LOVE your projects!!!! What a super creative way to use that number panel, you are a genius!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, they are perfect
    Love both, but the second is my fav
    xoxo
    Leila

    ReplyDelete
  4. amazing LOs. that second LO is brilliant!! so original

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful layouts. Love how you used the Number Grid!

    ReplyDelete