Thursday, March 20, 2014

Some Blue Fern Garden Projects with Rae

Hello! It's Rae with you to share some more projects I have made using more of the Blue Fern Garden papers. They are so beautiful and I am down to scraps now, but I have had such a fun time working with this beyond gorgeous collection!

"Perfect" Layout


I'm trying to use up every part of each piece of paper, so I used this "Boudoir" piece that I cut an oval out of already for another layout, and went from there for this layout. The back has some green cardstock and the "Love Letters" paper that I fussy cut the lattice out of. 

Here's a closeup of the berry stems that I used as part of my floral cluster:

Primed with gesso, and then sprayed with some green gold mist, I then added some archival ink in black to these "berry stems", then added some Liquid Pearls in black for accents.

This is a close up of the "sweetheart dressform" that I treated with gold Ferro, then sprinkled black embossing powder over while still wet, and dried with a heat gun to get this distressed effect. 



"Follow Your Heart" Card

Another project I made using the Blue Fern Garden scraps. 

The bird is from the "little birds set." I just used black chalk ink on him. :)

The frame is from the "petite boutique frames set" that I primed with gesso, sprayed with patina mist in random spots, then used some gold embossing powder.

The scrolls under the flower are pieces I cut from the "large royal border." I painted it with dark olive paint, then added some bright green microbeads.




"Good Things Jar" Altered Project

And, lastly, here is an altered project I made using a mason jar. I've made a few of these, and I give them to friends as gifts. I saw this idea on Pinterest: keep a mason jar handy and when something good happens, write it down on a piece of paper, fold it up, and throw it in the jar. At the end of the year, take all of the pieces out and read all of the good things that have happened for that year. In the pin, the mason jar is plain, but it's much better to have an altered jar on the counter!



The jar is covered with a piece of "In Bloom" paper that I stamped and distressed. The little flag is from the bottom strip of one of the papers.


The bird cage is from the "grande cages set." I covered it with Perfect Pearls in heirloom gold, which gives it a perfect finish- not to shiny! I added pearl strips and accented the butterfly with Smooch inks.

Here's the back: 



Thanks for taking the time to look at my projects today!


Rae

4 comments:

  1. Oh that dress form chippie is fab. Love all that texture. And, paper corset around the jar is a darling idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the altered jar with the corset lacing on the front (or was it back?)!

    ReplyDelete