Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Journaling Yourself- By Keren Tamir


Keren here and its my turn again on the Blue Fern Studios blog.
This month my reveal is all about me, how I feel, my thoughts and memories of this time of my life as I'm approaching 40. I had to jot down some of my thoughts and feelings so I can one day look back and remember them. I guess this is what scrapbooking is all about. I always thought I should scrapbook for my kids so they can have these memories in the future. However I actually think that I am scrapbooking for myself, so when I'm old and gray (LOL) I can look back and remember how I felt or how I looked. That is if I can find these layouts amidst the hundreds of boxes I will have by then.

"Happy"


 I've used the new and amazing Ombré Dreams collection for both layouts today. It is such a gorgeous collection and so versatile. I just love it so much and its perfect for my style.


I framed my photo in the new Wildflower chipboard frame. I painted in purple and turquoise to match the colours of the papers. 


I used a few of the layering stems and the tweet friends branch to layer in between the flowers. I also painted them in purple and turquoise. 


Finally I used pieces of the graduated circles and the happy title from the optimist word set to finish the page.



<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Believe"


Here is my second layout this month and it also about me but with my new haircut.
I recently cut my hair short so I can donate it. I figured I should also record this episode in my life as I very seldomly journal about myself. I think it happens about once a year so at least now I have two layouts showing my Before and After pictures of my hair.


I have a how to video on how I create this layout here below so I won't go into a lot of specific details and just watch the video.









Thank you so much for visiting the Blue Fern blog today!!
Have a wonderful day!!

Keren

7 comments:

  1. Oh my, these are simply stunning, Keren!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning! So true that not only will our children enjoy these glimpses of days gone by, but so will we enjoy looking back at ourselves in years to come!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Lo's are simply amazing Keren! Love them so much! And I enjoyed watching the video..TFS ! Plz keep them coming.. its so much fun to watch you create such gorgeous pages!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Keren for a fabulous video tutorial! Love this layout. So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous work, Keren! You do purple so well! And I love the new haircut!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how you scrapped yourself and your beautiful new 'do'! Gorgeous colorful lo's, great journaling.

    ReplyDelete
  7. amazing projects Keren, amazed at how you always come up with such beautiful creations! You're a well of inspiration!

    ReplyDelete