Sunday, July 20, 2014

July Projects with Rae

Hello! Rae with you today to share my latest projects made with an array of Blue Fern papers and chippies.


Sparkle Card

First up, I have this card I made with the Ombre Dreams paper.



I used two pieces of chipboard on this card, and here's a close up that shows the details. The "Sparkle" piece is from the "Winter Titles" set. I used some metallic stain by sponging it on the raw piece for a toned down metal look. Sponging it on also gives some bubbles on the piece that adds a slight touch of dimension.

For the "Treasured Floral Frame," I primed it with gesso, then used some shimmery watercolors in two different colors in random spots, leaving some of the gesso exposed.

Timeless Beauty Altered Mailbox

I altered this paper mache mailbox with papers from the Blue Fern Garden line. 


This is the back view, showcasing my favorite piece of paper from the line. :)


In this close up, you can see how I line the inside of the mailbox, and stuffed it full of various flowers.

I used the "Blooming Flourishes." Two pieces come in the set.

Here's a closeup to see the details of the flourishes. I ran them through my die cut machine with a script embossing folder, then primed them with gesso, and while still wet, added some dry green milk paint. It left a grainy and chalky surface, which I love. After it was dry, I used green and brown distress inks to change the color in a way that complimented the papers better.


Beautiful Layout

I really loaded up on the chipboard in this layout!


For the "Beautiful" title piece, I ran a chalk ink pad over it, being sure to get an uneven coat. 


For both the "Fancy Bird Cage" and the "Shabby Brick Bits," I used the same technique, which is simple: I grazed each of the pieces with brown archival ink, being sure to leave a lot exposed, then using distress ink with a blending tool to get that definition that you can see on the bird cage.
 And, here's a closeup that shows the finish on the "Roman Clock Set" (Large). I used white chalk ink and then misted it with light brown, dark brown, and gold inks.

For the "Corner Flourish," I primed it with gesso, then painted it with three coats of three different green paints.


Thanks for checking out my projects today!



Rae

1 comment: