Monday, July 21, 2014

Pastel Pages - With Kelly Foster

Good morning, Kelly here!
This month I want to share with you two soft, pastel colored pages. I usually reach for the bright colors but these two are a bit more subdued, and I like it!

"Sweet"

First, let me introduce you to the newest addition to my family, Oliver John. He arrived on July 7th and was just 5 days old in this photo - my first layout with him on it :)
The Blue Fern Garden papers made the perfect soft background for a baby boy page. For the main paper I used the "Love Letters" paper, and for my layers I cut bits from many of my scraps of the other papers. I kept things pretty simple...lots of white space, and just the right amount of texture thanks to the "Mini Ring Things" chipboard pieces I layered here and there. These pieces were given just a gentle uneven coat of white chalk ink.


I also added one of the pretty "Layering Stems" to complete my cluster. I love this piece!

"Perfect Moment"

This next page I used the gorgeous "Charlotte's Dream" paper from the Ombre Dreams collection. I love the pretty floral/lace texture of this paper! My background is a mix of watercolors, Gelatos, and stamping. 


To frame my photo and add movement I used the Wild Flourish Frame, which I cut in two and placed above/below the photo. This piece was primed with gesso and then painted using Gelatos and watercolors.


Thank you so very much for having a look at my projects today! See you next month!!

*Kelly*

2 comments:

  1. Such beautiful layouts, love the soft colors of mixed media on your background and chipboard. And how amazing that you shared a 1st with your son with us. He is a beautiful little boy. Can just picture that silky smooth baby skin and the sweet smell of a newborn.
    ( Tried to send before and it said failed so hope you don't receive multiples of this comment)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful family!! Congratulations on your new baby boy! Awesome layouts!

    ReplyDelete