Friday, July 11, 2014

Two Paper Collections, Two Layouts

Hi everyone!  It's Valerie Serfozo today to share a couple of layouts with you.  Blue Fern Studios has two beautiful paper collections, and I have selected paper from each line.  For the first layout I have used the Boudoir paper from the Blue Fern Garden Collection.  I then selected the Roman Clock Small Set and Organic Vine chipboard pieces.  When I use multiple chipboard pieces, I generally like to alter them differently.  But in this case, I chose to make them all the same color,


I gave them all a coat of gesso, then used ink to color them.  As you can see below, I like the coverage to be a little less than perfect.  It adds a little character.  I cut the Organic Vine in half and used it in two places on my layout.


The largest piece from the Roman Clock and the other half of the Organic Vine

The smallest piece from the Roman Clock Set

For my second layout, I selected Leslie's Dream from the Ombré Dreams Collection.  It is one of my favorites with a combination of orange and yellow in the background.  This time, I treated each piece of chipboard a little differently.


Here I used one of the Techno Rings as a small accent.  I coated it with gesso, and used Distress Stain to color it.

Staying with the circle theme, I added a piece from the Circle Groups.  This time I painted it with Distress Paint, then added some Inka Gold on top of that.  The paint is barely visible, but it does peak out a little bit here and there.  I also chose to fill in the circles with some embellishments.

And here is the beautiful Dream Big word title chipboard piece.  Ink was applied to achieve the color I wanted.

The choice is totally up to you when you create your project with chipboard pieces, because you are the one deciding which colors to use, whether it be several different colors, or all the same.

Thanks for stopping by today.  Enjoy your weekend.

2 comments: