Wednesday, January 17, 2018

January Inspiration with Megan

Hi Everyone! Im very excited to begin 2108 with a new team, and one of my favourite scrapbook companies :) :), so to kick off heres a few things about me.


I live in the South Island of New Zealand, which also means its Summer here :)  I live just outside of Christchurch with my husband Forbes and our two dogs, Dougal and McKenzie, and I work part time as a Registered Nurse.  Ive been scrapbooking for awhile now and in that time I have cultivated quite the passion for fussy cutting, flowers and chipboard.  Hmmmm, and paper!  ;) I hate getting messy! but I love dabbling in mixed media - its a bit of a love hate thing lol.

My Blog: weemegsstudio.blogspot.com
Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.nz/weemegs/my-creativity/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Weemegs-Studio-Creations-1744557915863106/

Anyway, here are my projects for this month.
The first layout I have for you is a photo Ive put off using for a while - I just couldn't decide what to do with it.  And then I saw the Remnants collection and I had a plan!


To create the background I used rust paste with a stencil, then watered it down to create paint splatters. I used three different stamp sets in the background as well - Christmas Collage, Label Frames, and Tattered Newsprint.


 To alter the chipboard, I used different techniques - crackle paint to the clock faces, black archival ink to the cogs and Mushroom Embossing Powder to Printers Bits chipboard - these pieces I also inked slightly with black ink and randomly stamped on.

Ive created three layers to page, popping each layer up with scraps of chipboard.



Blue Fern Studios Products Used:

Remnants Paper Collection:
Callaway

Chipboard
Remnants Printed Chipboard
Cogs and Gears
Printer Bits
Floral Clock

Stamps
Christmas Collage
Tattered Newsprint
Label Frames

Embossing Powder
Mushroom


For my second layout I also used the Remnants collection, but this time I wanted a more feminine look to the page.  I used two pieces of patterned paper from the collection, Mayfair and Bloomsbury, and utilised both sides of the papers to create the different layers you see. I also used the Printed Chipboard that comes with the collection for accents.


I loved the glittered look to the new embossing powders Wheat and Night Sky,  they are just stunning in real life!  I also used some mauve seedlings sprinkled in the background.


Again I have lots of layers in this layout, four in total.  Ive split the chipboard frame in half giving two frames, and layered the chipboard phrase on top - Ive split this also so I can place it exactly where I wanted it and you can't even tell it was all joined together initially :).


For the background, this time I used a mixture of colours splattered over the page, gold, white and mauve.  Ive used the Remnants Collage stamp for the background.

Blue Fern Studio Products Used:

Remnants Paper Collection
Mayfair
Bloomsbury

Chipboard
You are my Inspiration
Remnants Printed Chipboard

Stamps
Remnants Collage

Seedlings
Mauve

Embossing Powder
Wheat
Night Sky

My final project is a wooden letter for a friends little girl - S is for Sadie :). I used a piece from the Frolic collection, fussy cutting some of the decorative elements from the paper to use in my cluster.


I have again used a variety of stamps, this time with grey ink - Tattered Newsprint and Arcadia Textures.  The Eclectic Hearts chipboard I gave some dimension to by using an embossing folder, and then Pink Embossing Powder.  The Mini Flourish chipboard pieces were embossed with Pearl Embossing Powder.


Blue Fern Studio Products Used:

Frolic Patterned Paper

Chipboard
Mini Flourish
Eclectic Hearts

Stamps
Tatetred Newsprint
Arcadia

Seedlings
Mauve

Embossing Powder
White
Pink

Well thats it from me :) thanks for popping by, see you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment