Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Layouts & Vision Board by France Ringuette

Hi bloggers, I can't believe that it's March already. Time is flying but, but I am enjoying crafting for the Blue Fern Studios Design team. This month, I'll be sharing 2 layouts and 1 off the page project. 

Capture the Moment Layout #1



The starting point for this layout was this beautiful picture of my 2 sons and I taken during our Riviera Maya vacation last summer. I wanted to extend on my layout the colors of my picture, so a blue background with a sandy beach.

I chose the beige background from In the Mood - Flirty paper. Once covered with Gesso, I layed my foundation of ink on the top half.


I wanted to have multi tones on my chipboard to give it more dimension. I opted to cover my clock and rectangle pieces in Ginger, Black & Gold and finally a touch of Oatmeal embossing powders.

The bottom of the layout, in order to create a beach feel effect I worked with cheese cloth and wool fibers that I glued with gel medium. Then I added touches of small stones and 4 colors of seedlings: Paprika, Twig, Gold Nugget & Glass.



Once my background was complete, I chose to build my layers. For my title, I chose to use 14 Karat embossing powder. I love the glitter it adds to the layout.


This last picture shows the beautiful Blue Fern flowers, more details on the embossed chipboard & seedlings. I also included Rose Gold glitter but it's impossible to capture the glitter on my picture.


Blue Fern Studios product used on this layout:

Paper Collection: In the Mood Flirty & Pensive

Seedlings:
Paprika
Twig
Gold Nugget
Glass

Embossing Powders:
Black & Gold
Ginger
Oatmeal
14 Karat

Glitter: Rose Gold

Flowers :
Chesterville blooms
Homespun blooms
Heartland blossoms

***********************

Formidable layout # 2

Time for another magnificent picture of my gorgeous niece with her family. I just love the vibrancy of the red in the picture and chose to use that for my highlights.

 Remnants Westfield is my chosen paper for this layout.


I had fun playing with different techniques on this layout. The first step was to emboss different sections with the Green Ivory Embossing Powder.  I used 2 stamps to emboss on my background paper: Weathered Doily & Honeycomb.


I chose to alter the circle chipboard with black gesso, and some waxes to give them an antique look & feel.

I love adding the small sentiments from the Remnants printed chipboard set.

Can you see the top of my tags? I like making my own tags, they make wonderful ornaments for my layering. Here is used leftovers of my Remnants collection. 


I wanted to add some shine to my flowers, so I added touches of white & gold glitter


Blue Fern Studios product used on this layout:

Paper Collection: Remnants Westfield

Embossing Powder: Green Ivory

Glitter: White & Gold

Stamps:
Weathered Doily
Honeycomb

Chipboard:
French adjectives
techno Rings
Printed Remnants

***********************

Off the page project: Vision Board 2018

Have you ever made a vision board? This year at work, I hosted a team event where we I invited our team members to create their combined work & personal vision board for 2018.

The goal of a vision board is that if you see you goals on a daily level... you set-up you mind to making them happen.


To set-up my board I used many elements from my Blue Fern collection.

The first step was making my chipboard world map. I wanted it to pop out so I chose Blue Sky embossing powder:


Second elements where to use my gorgeous Blue Fern stamp sets. I love the words Family and Hopes & Dreams. I found them perfect for the family section of my board.



To create sections, I chose to use the frames in the Homespun printed chipboard set:

Here we can see a printed frame and the word Journey, both from my stamp stash.


And lastly, more of the Homespun printed chipboard elements. They are just adorable.


Disclaimer: I did pull off the internet and Pinterest some quotes that I found to complete the vision board. 

Blue Fern Studios product used on this layout:

Embossing Powder: Blue Sky

Stamps:
Hopes & Dreams
Distressed Titles
Floral Vignettes

Chipboard:
Printed Homespun


I hope you enjoyed my 3 projects for March and I wish you an amazing crafty month !


No comments:

Post a Comment